The activities of the congregation are many and varied.
We have a range of groups to cater for people of all ages and stages of their life and through them build strong friendships for fellowship and support .
- There are opportunities for sharing the Christian experience in Worship, through the weekly Prayer Group , Bible Studies, Home Groups, Fellowshi p groups for men and women, Explorers Discussion groups and special seminars and more. A summary of the focus of each group and contact details for further information are accessed by clicking on the tab to Adult Groups
- Children and Young People are welcomed through Baptism and then nurtured through week day activities such as Little Gems Play Group, the popular ‘mainly music ‘ program, and Worship and Christian Learning on Sundays. As they grow and develop, involvement in worship is encouraged and Girls Brigade provides a structured environment for all-round development. Details of activities for Children and Young People are accessed by clicking on the tab for Children and Young People.
- Social activities are encouraged as a way of getting to know each other better and strengthening friendships . These include opportunities for both couples and singles to meet together for relaxation and fun. Further details about these activities and contacts for further information are accessed by clicking on the tab Social Groups
Many of our Activities are also part of our Outreach, but beyond these groups, we are also linked with the community and beyond through special relationships.
- Unity College
Caloundra Uniting Church is in partnership with the Caloundra Catholic Church at Unity College, which is an ecumenical school administered through Brisbane Catholic Education. It provides for students from Prep to Year 12 and is situated on Lomond Crescent, Bellvista.
Pastor Phil Smith is part-time Uniting Church Campus Minister at Unity College as well as being Community Pastor to the area in which it is situated.
Contact details for Unity College:
Address : 47 Lomond Crescent, Bellvista. Ph.: 07 5490 5777
Website : www.uc.qld.edu.au
- Frontier Services - mission
At Caloundra, Jenny and Nancy provide information about Frontier Services
AND ASSIST WITH FUND RAISING FOR FRONTIER SERVICES
Bluecare is a branch of the wider work of the Uniting Church in Queensland and many members belong to the local Auxiliary which supports the work of domiciliary nursing, retirement and aged care facilities.
- Fair Trade
We have a weekly stall at the church which sells goods such as tea, coffee, chocolates etc. to support the poorer people of the world more directly.
Further information available on:
- Our Social Justice Group also has links with the local Sunshine Coast Reconciliation Group and with Buddies Refugee support Group
This is the mission arm of the Uniting church in Australia and our Mission Group actively supports its work through encouraging giving to development projects and facilitating visits by members to partner countries.